As required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other intellectual property laws, XOMF operations staff will process and act upon notices of alleged infringement which it receives. We have a long-standing record of DMCA compliance and work closely with rights-holders to ensure their rights are respected within our communuity.
Pursuant to the DMCA, notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to the XOMF staff at [email protected]
Mailing address will be provided upon request.
In order to be considered, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information (as described in DMCA, 17 U.S.C., Sec. 512(c)(3)):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.